Curiosity….The First Layer.. Steps to Building Confidence
Answer the following questions in reference to your sport, career, academics, professional business or personal strivings. Explore your feelings and your innermost thoughts…this is where greatness begins!
- How good do you want to be?
- How do you know that you are good?List all of the ways that you know or realize through others that you are good.
- If you said that you are good, make a list of other people who share your viewpoint. This list could include family members, business partners, athletic teammates, etc. List all of them that have told you in some way or another that you are good at your specialty.
- If you said that you are not good or that you vacillate between yes and no, what specific things do you feel you need to have in order to believe more in yourself?
- From the above question, if you feel you could be better, name one thing that you could start doing today to improve your capacity for growth. That is, list one thing that you could consciously do that would help move you in the direction of being as good as you want to be.
- How good would you be if you didn’t know how good you had to be?
- Just for fun, find out about something that you have always wanted to do, but haven’t felt comfortable in doing it.Explore and dig into it. Be curious. Be adventurous! You may be surprised to find that you may want to try doing the thing you’ve always wanted to do! Write down what you want to do!
- If you haven’t gone anywhere on a trip in a while, do some window shopping and find a place that interests you.Remember, this exercise is to get you stretching your creative risk muscles. Reach out and google or search on the internet a place where you think it would be totally out of your comfort zone to visit….then window shop and see if it is a good fit! Name your trip!